By Laura K. McClure
- The so much modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the most recent texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box speak about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A devoted part makes a speciality of the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge very important paths of in destiny scholarship
Read Online or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Writing within the eighteenth century, the Persian-language litterateurs of past due Mughal Delhi have been conscious that they can now not take without any consideration the kin of Persian with Islamic imperial energy, relatives that had enabled Persian literary lifestyles to flourish in India because the 10th century C. E. Persian Authorship and Canonicity in past due Mughal Delhi situates the various textual tasks of ‘Abd al-Q?
In 1914, Wyndham Lewis and Ezra Pound—the founders of vorticism—undertook an extraordinary research of the current, its applied sciences, conversation, politics, and structure. The essays in Counterblasting Canada hint the impact of vorticism on Marshall McLuhan and Canadian Modernism. construction at the preliminary accomplishment of the journal Blast, McLuhan’s next Counterblast, and the community of inventive and highbrow relationships that flourished in Canadian vorticism, the members provide groundbreaking examinations of postwar Canadian literary tradition, really the legacies of Sheila and Wilfred Watson.
Bana is one of the 3 most crucial prose writers in classical Sanskrit, all of whom lived within the past due 6th and early 7th centuries advert. it's transparent, from his writings, that his brain used to be amazingly smooth, humane and delicate, in particular for the seventh-century India within which he lived. Bana had a fit irreverence in the direction of a few of the proven orthodoxies of his time and his power lies in his ability as a storyteller and as a author of characters vivid with lifestyles and individuality.
Item fetishism is turning into a progressively more pervasive phenomenon. targeting literature and the visible arts, together with cinema, this ebook indicates a parallelism among fetishism and inventive creativity, according to a poetics of element, which has been brilliantly exemplified via Flaubert's kind. After exploring canonical debts of fetishism (Marx, Freud, Benjamin), via combining a historicist strategy with theoretical hypothesis, Massimo Fusillo identifies a number of interpretive styles of item fetishism, similar to seduction (from Apollonius of Rhodes to Max Ophüls), reminiscence activation (from Goethe to Louise Bourgeois and Pamuk), and the topos of the animation of the inanimate.
- The Splash of Words
- Notational Experiments in North American Long Poems, 1961-2011: Stave Sightings (Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics)
- A Global History of Literature and the Environment
- Fictions of Power in English Literature: 1900-1950 (Longman Studies In Twentieth Century Literature)
Extra resources for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Laura K. McClure