By Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore
This spouse brings jointly a workforce of major figures in modern philosophy to supply an in-depth exposition and research of Quine’s huge effect throughout philosophy’s many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his paintings, and revealing his persevered importance today.
- Provides an in-depth account and research of W.V.O. Quine’s contribution to American Philosophy, and his place as one of many past due twentieth-century’s such a lot influential analytic philosophers
- Brings jointly newly-commissioned essays through best figures inside modern philosophy
- Covers Quine’s paintings throughout philosophy of common sense, philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, and more
- Explores his paintings relating to the origins of analytic philosophy in the USA, and to the historical past of philosophy extra broadly
- Highlights the breadth of Quine’s paintings around the self-discipline, and demonstrates the continued impression of his paintings in the philosophical community
Read or Download A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
As an advent to his personal notoriously complicated and tough philosophy, Hegel steered the sections on phenomenology and psychology from The Philosophy of Spirit, the 3rd a part of his Encyclopaedia of the Philosophic Sciences. those provided the easiest advent to his philosophic process, whose major components are common sense, Nature, and Sprit.
American Philosophy deals the 1st traditionally framed advent to the culture of yankee philosophy and its modern engagement with the area. Born out of the social and political turmoil of the Civil struggle, American philosophy used to be a method of facing clash and alter. within the turbulence of the twenty first century, this is still as appropriate as ever.
Incisive and fascinating, The unfastened industry Existentialist proposes a brand new philosophy that may be a synthesis of existentialism, amoralism, and libertarianism. Argues that Sartre’s existentialism matches higher with capitalism than with Marxism Serves as a rallying cry for a brand new replacement, a minimum country funded by way of an equivalent tax Confronts the “final fantasy” of metaphysical morality, and proposes that we've got not anything to worry from an amoral global starts off a necessary dialog for the twenty first century for college kids, students, and armchair philosophers alike with transparent, available discussions of more than a few themes throughout philosophy together with atheism, evolutionary conception, and ethics
Bestselling writer Max van Manen’s Writing in the dead of night brings jointly a variety of reports of relevance to qualitative researchers practitioners. all of the 16 unique chapters via comprehensive students serves for example of ways a special type of human event can be explored, and of the way the equipment used for investigating phenomena might give a contribution to the method of human knowing.
- Derrida's Legacies: Literature and Philosophy
- The Historical Turn in Analytic Philosophy (History of Analytic Philosophy)
- A Companion to Heidegger (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
- Extension of Ricoeur’s Hermeneutic
- Process and Reality (Gifford Lectures)
- Steppingstones Toward an Ethics for Fellow Existers: Essays 1944–1983
Extra info for A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore