By Allen F. Sanborn
This is the 3rd in a sequence of catalogs and bibliographies of the Cicadoidea protecting 1981-2010. The paintings summarizes the cicada literature, offering a way for simple entry to info formerly released on a specific species or to permit researchers the facility to find comparable paintings that has been released on different species. a complete of 2,591 references are integrated within the bibliography. The ebook is a resource of organic and systematic info that may be utilized by zoologists, entomologists, members drawn to crop security, and scholars learning entomology in addition to a person attracted to cicadas or who require particular details at the bugs. every one genus/species is pointed out with the reference, the web page quantity, any figures (if applicable), the themes lined via the reference, any synonymies, and any biogeographic info pointed out for the species within the person reference. An additional benefit to the catalog is that it's the first whole species checklist for the Cicadoidea, together with all synonymies and new mixtures via 2012.
- Provides approximately 4 occasions the variety of references of the former catalog, demonstrating the explosion of information considering that that time
- Contains all references came across that point out a genus or species identify within the work
- Includes greater than three hundred extra references that weren't within the past works in this subject
- Features the 1st entire species record for the Cicadoidea, together with all synonymies
Read or Download Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha) PDF
Best entomology books
The twenty-four papers during this publication are a mix of fundamental study articles and literature studies. Taken jointly, they current a extensive assessment of just about all facets of acarine illnesses, stretching from simple pathology to microbial pest control.
The general public has a very good hope for items that hinder the annoyance of biting bugs and ticks, yet that hope doesn't regularly translate into brilliant use of these items. Insect Repellents guide, moment version summarizes evidence-based info on insect repellents to notify judgements by means of these concerned with insect repellent learn, improvement, and use.
Either volumes of Parasites and Pathogens of bugs offer in-depth assurance of the interface among insect parasites and pathogens and hosts, and discover the relationships among those companions. They emphasize biochemical and molecular interactions, simple biology, and the jobs of hormones, receptors, and different mobile parts in modulating interactions among host bugs and attacking brokers.
There are greater than 36,000 defined species within the kin Cerambycidae on the earth. With the numerous elevate of overseas alternate within the fresh a long time, many cerambycid species became significant plant pests outdoors their common distribution variety, inflicting severe environmental difficulties at nice fee.
- By-catch Reduction in the World's Fisheries: 7 (Reviews: Methods and Technologies in Fish Biology and Fisheries)
- Encyclopedia of Insects
- Target Receptors in the Control of Insect Pests: Part II (Advances in Insect Physiology)
- Trends in Research in Ephemeroptera and Plecoptera
- La strategia della farfalla (Italian Edition)
Extra resources for Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha)
Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha) by Allen F. Sanborn